Feedburner allows you to make it where people can subscribe to your blog so that they then get an update every time you make a posting. This is a great way to build a dedicated following around your blog and your book.
Feedburner also gives you an RSS feed that you can place into your Amazon.com Connect account so that your blog feeds into Connect automatically.
To do this go to http://www.feedburner.com/ and do the following:
(1) Place the URL for your blog into the blank provided
(2) Choose the RSS option
(3) Setup a username and password
(4) Click next and select all the stat options and click next again
(5) Under Blogger (click one of the other options if you are not using blogger) clcik on the publish a chicklet to display your feedburner feed
(6) Then you need to follow the directions it provides you on how to proceed
(7) I chose the smaller version of the first two widget options and do make sure that you select “Use as a widget in Blogger” if you used Blogger to create your blog
(8) If you used Blogger it will then direct you right to blogger and will place the widget in for you.
You can see how this looks by looking in the upper left hand section of my blog – it is the field that says “subscribe in a reader”
Go ahead and subscribe to my blog while you are there so that you can receive the posting updates!
Filed under: Blog Information, Online Marketing Tools Tagged: | blogs to help me market a book, book marketing blogs, build traffic to a blog, building traffic to a blog, get started on a blog, how can I allow people to subscribe to my blog, how can i get started on a blog, how do I start a blog, how to build traffic to a blog, how to create a blog, how to generate visibility for a blog, how to subscribe to a blog, increasing traffic to a blog, marketing a self-published book, self-publishing blogs, start a blog, subscribe to a blog, what is a blog